Mohamed Salah ends his Liverpool stand-off and signs a three-year deal worth nearly £400,000-a-week to become the best paid player in Anfield HISTORY after months of talks
Mohamed Salah has ended his contact stand off with Liverpool and committed his future by signing the biggest deal in the club’s history.
Salah had entered the final 12 months of his current terms, which were signed in July 2018, but after months of negotiations Liverpool and Salah have come to an agreement that will see him remain at Anfield until June 2025 on terms estimated to be close to £400,000 per week.
It is a huge moment for both Jurgen Klopp and Salah, as it removes all speculation about what the 30-year-old will do next.
Mo Salah has ended his contact stand off with Liverpool by agreeing a new three-year deal
Liverpool and Salah have come to an agreement that will see him remain at Anfield until 2025
There had been indications that he would run his contract down and move for free next summer but all such chatter is now at an end.
It has always been Salah’s preferred wish to stay on Merseyside, where he has become an icon since joining from AS Roma in 2017.
He has been one of the best buys the club has ever made and is in the all-time top 10 scorers in Liverpool’s history.
It is a huge moment for both Jurgen Klopp and Salah, as it removes all speculation on his future
Salah has been one of the club’s best buys is in the all-time top 10 scorers in Liverpool’s history
Julian Ward, Liverpool’s Sporting Director, flew out with a delegation to Mykonos, where the Egyptian has been on holiday, to get the paperwork signed and the business reflects Salah’s position as one of the current best players in the world.
Salah has been instrumental to the Reds recent success, having scored 156 goals in 254 appearances, as well as helping guide the team to last season’s FA Cup and Carabao Cup triumphs.
The Egyptian was even named both the FWA Footballer of the Year and the PFA Players’ Player of the Year last season.
Salah told the club website: ‘I feel great and [I am] excited to win trophies with the club. It’s a happy day for everyone.
‘It takes a little bit of time, I think, to renew, but now everything is done so we just need to focus on what’s next.
‘I think you can see in the last five or six years the team was always going [upwards]. Last season we were close to winning four, but unfortunately in the last week of the season we lost two trophies.
‘I think we are in a good position to fight for everything. We have new signings as well.
‘We just need to keep working hard, have a good vision, be positive and go for everything again.’
Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher has claimed his Twitter rant at Mo Salah’s agent was all pre-planned after telling him to ‘stop the cryptic cr*p’ – only for the announcement to be made shortly after.
Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas Issa took to social media on Friday to post a laughing emoji which appeared to leave Carragher incensed.
The Liverpool legend told the Abbas Issa that fans could do ‘without this cryptic cr*p’ for another 12 months before telling Salah to ‘have a word’.
Jamie Carragher claims his Twitter rant at Mo Salah’s agent was all pre-planned
Salah’s (right) agent Ramy Abbas Issa (left) posted the cryptic tweet on Friday afternoon
Carragher laughed off his rant after, claiming that he and Salah’s agent had ‘fooled’ everyone
Carragher wrote: ‘All Reds love your client, and if he is to leave next summer we will wish him well & say a big thank you. But we can do without this cryptic crap for the next 12 months! @MoSalah have a word!!’
However, moments later, it was announced that Salah had in fact committed his future to the Reds, agreeing to terms estimated to be close to £400,000 per week.
And Carragher is now claiming that his initial tweet was a ploy to fool the masses.
Salah also took to Twitter at the same time but posted a picture of himself relaxing by the pool while away on holiday.
Read the full article here